Terms and Conditions
- Compulsory items: Steppin Out T-shirt, Steppin Out Baseball Jacket, plain black joggers/ leggings (without any logos), plain black socks. Troupe members are to have a Troupe jacket which they can also use for normal classes.
- Dance trainers are not allowed in the school for safety reasons.
- No Jewellery is to be worn at any time.
- Long hair must be neatly tied back for classes (this applies to both boys & girls)
- Footwear: Compulsory:
- Step 1: plain black closed plimsolls (No patterns) OR black laced split sole jazz shoes OR plain black trainers. (no logos/ patterns/ coloured laces on shoes.
- All children in Step 2 and above must wear compulsory split sole, laced jazz shoes. These should be purchased from Dance International in Crowthorne or Camberley.
- If any child is not wearing the correct footwear they will not be able to attend the class.
- No uniform can be exchanged or refunded once ordered so please ensure you order the correct size.
- Costumes will be required for shows. We may ask you to purchase some, others we will ask for a small contribution. If you have been asked to purchase or source a costume it will be yours to keep. If you have been asked for a contribution fee these costumes are being hired from Steppin Out and will remain our Property and we will ask these to be returned.
- Any costumes of ours not returned will be charged at the full price.
- Currently due to Covid 19 no costumes will be lent out to any students.
- Fees must be paid on the first day of term ideally in full by BACS.
- A £10 admin fee will apply if fees are delayed.
- We do not accept split payments via cash, BACS or Standing Order. Split payment must be via cheque in 3 instalments post dated and given in at the same time.
- Fees are reviewed annually in September.
- We do not accept child care vouchers.
- We offer a 50% discount for the first sibling, then for 3 children the first 2 go full price and the 3rd has a 50% reduction with no exception of group.
- If you are late picking up your child a £10 late payment fee will apply. If you are longer than 15 minutes we will charge for the whole hour.
- Costume, ticket, chaperone and extra rehearsal fees may apply for shows. “Steppin Out” endeavours to keep these reasonably priced and affordable for parents.
- We do not offer refunds for Private lessons, Tap or Main Step fees if an outside activity clashes with a Steppin Out event that your child has committed to such as Formula 1, Disney etc.
- Should there be another National or Regional lock down then we will not refund any classes, where possible we will try and extend the term and we will revert back to teaching on zoom with a full timetable.
- In the event of another lock down we will not have a reduced timetable but will endeavour to provide class times almost exactly as in person, but still allowing the children enough time to get on and off each zoom meeting.
- If a student leaves before the end of term or during a summer school for any reason, then NO refunds will be given.
- Your Principal must be notified via e-mail giving half a term’s written notice if a student wishes to leave. This must be acknowledged by the Principal and if not, full fees will apply.
- Unless the Principal is otherwise notified in writing by you before the sixth (6th) week of the Term, a Student is automatically re-enrolled into their class for the following Term.
- If you do not notify the Principal before the sixth week of the Term that you do not wish a Student to be re-enrolled onto the following Term, then you will remain liable for half of the full-Term fees in respect of the next Term, regardless of attendance of the Student.
CLASSES AND PERFORMANCES
- If a student is regularly disruptive or rude the school will issue a verbal warning. If this continues a written warning will follow, then exclusion from the school.
- We operate a zero tolerance on bullying of any kind.
- The principal has the right to suspend or permanently exclude a student or parent at their discretion without refunding fees.
- Any child auditioning for any show, advert or talent show must seek permission from the principal.
- Any child not wanting to participate in a show must let the principal know before auditions take place.
- If a child cannot commit to all 3 shows for our annual show they will not be able to take part unless they are a Step 1 when they will only be required for the Sunday Matinee show.
- No parents are allowed backstage at any time.
- Private Singing lessons CANNOT be taken by anyone else apart from the agreed student at their allocated time. No swapping of singing lesson time or teacher is permitted.
- If your child has private lessons and is self isolating then they will be offered a catch up lesson via zoom. This may not be at their usual time.
- If your child is self isolating then they will not be offered an additional class to catch up and no refunds will be given.
PHOTOS AND PROPERTY
- We may take promotional pictures and use these for press and promotional sources. If you do not want your child to be used in any promotional material or photos, we must receive a written letter and an e-mail at the beginning of term
- Our annual show will be professionally recorded. Personal cameras, phones and recording equipment will strictly be prohibited in the auditorium/performance space unless advised.
- Any student using a mobile phone during classes will receive a written warning. The phone will be confiscated and returned at the end of the session.
- Please do not bring any valuables to classes.
- “Steppin Out” does not take responsibility for any lost items including uniform. If a child loses an item of clothing “Steppin Out" will not e-mail other parents to try and source its location.
OUT OF OUR CONTROL
- If a session is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or for a reason out of our control, no refunds will be given where possible a catch up session via zoom or an extra week will be added to the term if the venue can accomodate this.
- In the event of staff absence, we may need to put a replacement in place. All replacements will be DBS security checked and where possible chaperone licensed too.
- Any child wearing “Steppin Out” uniform is representing the school. Any inappropriate behaviour when wearing this can result in your child being asked to leave.
- No pets are allowed on any school premises at any time.
SIGNING IN AND OUT
- Parents must escort their child and collect thier child to and from their station unless they are a Step 4 student who can do this themselves.
- If there is a parent of a Step 4 student who does not agree for their child to leave without them being escorted then this must be acknowledged by the principal in writing.
- Our responsibility ends when the session ends.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND TERMINATION
- Any negative comments/references to Steppin Out on any Social Media platforms or groups using the Steppin Out name or any misuse of the Steppin Out brand will not be tolerated. This will result in instant dismissal from the school.
- In a situation where the relationship between a family and Principal has broken down beyond repair then the Principal has the right to terminate participation at the school with immediate effect.